|Cast • Birthdays • Episodes • Galleries • Guides • Songs • Videos|
|Abby Lee Miller|
|Born:||September 21, 1965 or 1966|
|Age:||55 or 56|
|Affiliations:||Abby Lee Dance Company (owner)|
Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition (head judge)
|Friends and Family|
|Parents:||George L. Miller (father; deceased)|
Maryen Lorrain Miller (mother; deceased)
|Pets:||Broadway Baby (dog; deceased)|
|Last:||Meet Abby's Newest Ultimate Dancer|
Originally from Pittsburgh, Abby got her love for dance from her mother, Maryen Lorrain Miller, who was a 50-year member of Dance Masters of America. Maryen owned seven dance studios in Miami, Florida, prior to marrying George L. Miller of Pittsburgh and giving birth to Abby. Maryen taught classes all over the city before opening her main studio in Penn Hills.
Abby took classes at her mother’s studio throughout her formative years. After traveling with her mother to several national dance conventions, she was inspired and captivated by the newest “dance craze” competitions. At age 13, she started her career as a dance choreographer, and proceeded to open the Abby Lee Dance Company at only 14 years old. Since her studio's opening in 1980, it is estimated that she has taught 3 to 4 thousand students throughout her career. Now known for her incredible dedication, discipline and passion, Abby is one of the most sought-after dance teachers in Pittsburgh, as she has turned out numerous professional dance stars., including twelve featured on Broadway.
On Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition
Abby is the head judge on Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition. Abby is known to be harsh and strict, demanding perfect technique from the dancers. She often states that most decisions come down to her.
Abby is known on the show for having favorites. In Season 1, Abby's favorite was not directly mentioned, however, it was presumed to be Madison. In Season 2, Abby's favorite was made more evident as being Kalani.
On Dance Moms
For more details on Abby's work on Dance Moms, please follow this link to a related wiki.
- In addition to taking dance lessons from her mother, she also went to Girl Scouts, had clarinet lessons, did roller skating, ice skating, had sewing lessons at Sears, took swim team in the summer and ski club in the winter, and attended Charm School.
- She hates being onstage and has never enjoyed performing.
- On January 24th, 2014, rumors emerged that Abby became engaged to her boyfriend Michael Padula based on their exchanges in social media. However, the engagement was later reported as nothing short of a hoax, after Abby later downplayed it, and Abby said it had served to give her dying mother some peace of mind to know someone was there for her daughter.
- On February 8th, 2014, at 7:40pm, Abby's mother, Maryen Lorrain Miller, died of Stage 4 Colon Cancer.
- Following her mother's death and the airing of the physical altercation with Kelly in Big Trouble in the Big Apple, Abby was named as a co-defendant in a lawsuit brought by Kelly against Collins Avenue Productions, seeking monetary damages from various charges, including infliction of emotional distress. Amongst legal claims as to the background of the case, Kelly's lawyers state that Abby was "caring and nurturing" towards Kelly's daughters before the show; but is paid to be "abusive and bullying" as "part of a deliberate scheme by producers to generate interest in the show." In November 2014, Judge Ruth Kwan dismissed Kelly's charges against Abby and the producers regarding infliction of emotional distress against Paige; and for defamation against Kelly. (On additional charges of breach-of-contract and negligent damage to the Hyland home's floor, a possible trial date against producers was set for April 2016.)
- In October 2015, Abby was indicted for bankruptcy fraud.
- Facebook Official FB fan page
- Reign Dance Productions
- Lifetime site and Lifetime youtube channel for Abby's Ultimate Dance Competition
- ALDC's Dance-Off Contest
- 2015 U.S. Attorney indictment
- Google Images for Abby Lee Miller (or with last name replaced by "abby's ultimate dance competition")
- Search YouTube for Abby Lee Miller (or with last name replaced by "abby's ultimate dance competition")
- Search Tumblr for Abby Lee Miller